Basic Organization Information
CHILD PROTECT INC
- Also Known As:
Child Protect, Children's Advocacy Center
- Physical Address:
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
P Human Services
P62 Victims' Services
I Crime, Legal Related
I70 Protection Against and Prevention of Neglect, Abuse, Exploitation
I Crime, Legal Related
I01 Alliance/Advocacy Organizations
- Ruling Year:
- How This Organization Is Funded:
Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) - $92,000
Alabama Network of Children's Advocacy Centers (ANCAC) - $45,000
Working Women's Home Association (WWHA) - $20,000
The mission of Child Protect, Children's Advocacy Center is "to support children who are victims of abuse through the investigation and management of their cases in a non-threatening environment."
Mrs. Jannah Morgan Bailey
Mrs. Bailey has served in the non-profit world for close to 20 years and has extensive knowledge and experience in managing the day to day operations, fundraising and public awareness of child abuse in the community.
Child Protect is a 501c3 non-profit agency that assists law enforcement and child protective services in their investigation of child abuse cases. Child Protect provides professional staff to conduct a forensic interview on the child when there have been allegations of abuse. Child Protect serves over 600 children in 4 counties in central Alabama; 98% of the allegations are child sex abuse. The other 2% are children that have been severely physically abused or children that have witnessed some sort of crime, ie: domestic violence, rape, murder or the abuse of a younger child.
Abuse knows no boundaries, race, religion, or socioeconomic make uChild Protect saw an increase of 36% children served over the same time period last year. We realized that others were answering the call by listening to a child, believing a child and reporting their suspicions. Reporting is not easyfor anyone, we hear the excuses all the time: “It’s not my business”, “It was probably just one time, no harm done”, “The child(ren) is not around that person anymore”, “We don’t want to offend anyone”, “That person is such an upstanding citizen, they could never….” and the list goes on. But we applaud those who take that extra step on behalf of a child.Our annual budget is about $380,000 with a staff of 6 serving 4 counties in central Alabama and approximately 600 child abuse victims. We estimate it costs approximately $125 per child for the initial forensic interview but every dollar that Child Protect receives goes to the direct service of these children.“One hundredyears from now… it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house Ilived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because Iwas important in the life of a child…”
Officers for Fiscal Year (IRS Form 990)
Highest Paid Employees & Their Compensation (IRS Form 990)
Crime & Legal
- Population Served:
Children and Youth (infants - 19 years.)
Chlid Protect employs professional staff who are trained to conduct forensic interviews on children when there have been allegations of abuse. The forensic interviewer and the child are in one room while investigators from law enforcement and child protective services monitor the interview. The benefit is the child is having to talk to one person, trained specifically in interviewing children lessening the trauma of the abuse.
Program Long-Term Success:
The truth in the allegations is dicerned 94% of the time after the initial forensic interview is conducted. Studies have shown that the prosecution rate of child sex offenders is 82% higher when children are interviewed at a children's advocacy center by trained staff.
Program Short-Term Success:
There is intervention in the abuse and the child is listened to.
Program Success Monitored by:
Program Success Examples:
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
This organization has not provided an impact summary.