Basic Organization Information
Birthright Israel Foundation
- Also Known As:
Birthright Israel Foundation
- Physical Address:
New York, NY
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
X Religion, Spiritual Development
O Youth Development
- Ruling Year:
- How This Organization Is Funded:
private donations - $75,000,000
Birthright Israel Foundation is a supporting foundation of Birthright Israel, an organization that provides the gift of a free, first-time, educational, 10 day trip to Israel for young Jewish adults ages 18-26. The goals are:
- to strengthen each participant's Jewish identity
- to build an understanding, a friendship and a lasting bond with the land and the people of Israel
- to reinforce the solidarity of the Jewish people worldwide
Mr. David Fisher
From 2003-2009, Fisher held numerous leadership positions with United Jewish Communities/Jewish Federations of North America. He co-chaired and led the organization’s strategic plan to refocus its Young Leadership department, was the National Young Leadership Co-Chair, the National Major Gifts Chair and its youngest National Campaign Chair from 2008-2009.
Officers for Fiscal Year (IRS Form 990)
Highest Paid Employees & Their Compensation (IRS Form 990)
- Population Served:
Ethnic/Racial Minorities -- Other Specified Group
The Birthright Israel Foundation supports educational, free, ten-day trips to Israel through Taglit-Birthright Israel. There are over 25 trip organizers who are responsible for bringing participants to Israel according to educational and logistical standards set by Birthright Israel .
Program Long-Term Success:
Over 300,000 Jewish young adults have traveled to Israel on Taglit-Birthright Israel trips since the program's inception in 1999-2000.
Program Short-Term Success:
Program Success Monitored by:
Program Success Examples:
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Taglit-Birthright Israel provides young Jewish adults, ages 18 to 26, with a unique opportunity to explore their Jewish heritage and identity through the gift of a first time, peer-group, educational experience in Israel. The program is specifically targeted to this age cohort because the college and post-college years are a critical identity-building time; additionally, Birthright Israel aims to attract those from less Jewishly engaged backgrounds. Ongoing research demonstrates that Birthright Israel has a long-term impact, effectively deepening Jewish communal life, strengthening the ties of the next generation to the State of Israel, and making each participant’s Jewish journey more meaningful. The Birthright Israel Foundation raises funds to support the Taglit-Birthright Israel program.
For more in-depth information about this organization's impact, view their Charting Impact Report