Basic Organization Information
American Museum of Natural History
- Also Known As:
- Physical Address:
New York, NY
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
A Arts, Culture, and Humanities
A56 Natural History, Natural Science Museums
- Ruling Year:
The mission of the American Museum of Natural History is "to discover, interpret, and disseminate - through scientific research and education - knowledge about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe."
Forms 990 Provided by the Nonprofit
Letter of Determination is not available for this organization.
Science & Technology
- Population Served:
The American Natural History Museum fulfills its mission through scientific research, permanent and temporary exhibitions, as well as, through educational programs such as symposia, lectures, workshops and performances.
Program Long-Term Success:
Approximately 4 million people visited the American Museum of Natural History. More than 400,000 children visited in organized school groups and many more participate in programs both on-site and on-line.
Program Short-Term Success:
Program Success Monitored by:
Program Success Examples:
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
This organization has not provided an impact summary.