Basic Organization Information
Greater Excellence in Education Foundation Inc.
- Physical Address:
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
B Educational Institutions
B12 Fund Raising and/or Fund Distribution
B Educational Institutions
B20 Elementary, Secondary Ed
W Public, Society Benefit
W70 Leadership Development
- Ruling Year:
The Greater Excellence in Education Foundation enhances educational opportunities for all students by providing resources to find success in college, work and life.
We feel it is imperative that students have the support necessary to meet the high rigor demands of America's emerging workforce. This support prepares them early in their education to value learning, connect with post secondary career goals and strengthens their college and workforce readiness attributes.
GEEFs programs and initiatives address the challenges students and parents face in underserved communities. These challenges can be a detriment for students in order to have the social resources they need to believe that a strong future is possible and the pathway to get there.
With your involvement, we can further improve our children’s academic success for their well being and ensuring America's continued economic leadership and prosperity.
Board of Directors
Officers for Fiscal Year
Officers information is not available for this organization.
Highest Paid Employees & Their Compensation
Highest Paid Employee data is not available for this organization.
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
GOAL 1: To enhance academic excellence of all students.
GOAL 2: To provide educational and social resources to build support for students at risk for success in college, work and life.
GOAL 3: To encourage community and business involvement in student success in a positive and supportive manner.
· Provided 1000 students with books and learning materials to increase reading achievement in the summer months through the Books in Hand program.
· Supported 40 middle school students in developing leadership skills and personal action planning for post-secondary success with the 6th Annual Youth Leadership Academy serving 240 students of the past six years.
· 40 students throughout the county attended a SAT Prep Workshop to learn test taking skills as well as evaluate areas of strengths and weaknesses to improve results.
· Held the “Get Plugged in to YOUR Future” career expo where 200 students learned about a variety of career opportunities by connecting to business leaders and attending workshops on resume writing, scholarship applications, academic planning, etc.
· Put 800 books into the homes of children to build at-home libraries.
· Held the Finding YOUR Future Education Conference attended by 163 students from throughout the county who learned how to set goals for academic achievement, improve SAT scores, how to demystify the college process, find money for college, learn about workforce readiness and how to stay safe with social media.
· $20,000 awarded to Edgewood area schools to support funding of parent involvement and student achievement such as kindergarten orientation, JumpStart, Books in Hand, Science Program, College Preparedness, and Family Reading Night.
· Awarded $14,500 in college scholarships totaling over $33,000 in the past five years.
· Provided $7000 worth of school supplies to over 650 students in need for the fifth consecutive year.