International, Foreign Affairs, and National Security

Africa Classroom Connection

  • Minneapolis, MN
  • www.africaclassroomconnection.org

Mission Statement

Africa Classroom Connection holds a vision that every child in KwaZulu Natal has the opportunity for an excellent education. Our mission is providing resources to help build and improve schools in KwaZulu Natal. We work to get buildings built, help kids stay in school, and facilitate cultural exchanges/overseas travel.

Main Programs

  1. Program 1
  2. Classroom Construction
Service Areas

Self-reported

International

We raise funds in the US and worldwide to fund construction of schools in Zululand (KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa).

ruling year

2006

Chair since 2006

Self-reported

Henry A Bromelkamp

Keywords

Self-reported

Zulu, South Africa, classroom, school, education, apartheid

Sign in or create an account to view Form(s) 990 for 2015, 2014 and 2013.
Register now

EIN

20-4271457

 Number

7727805145

Contact

Cause Area (NTEE Code)

International Student Exchange and Aid (Q22)

Single Organization Support (B11)

Fund Raising and/or Fund Distribution (B12)

IRS Filing Requirement

This organization is required to file an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.

Programs + Results

How does this organization make a difference?

Programs

Self-reported by organization

What are the organization's current programs, how do they measure success, and who do the programs serve?

Program 1

Fundraising for school building and educational programs. For the most part, our funds support the work of Eshowe Community Action Group, Eshowe KZN, South Africa.

Category

Population(s) Served

Budget

Program 2

Classroom Construction

Classrooms are built using local labor by our South African partner, Eshowe Community Action Group, using funds contributed by Africa Classroom Connection. The local community raises a 10% deposit (these days about $1,500, a large sum in rural South Africa), and ACC provides the other 90% (now about $13,500).

Category

Elementary & Secondary Education

Population(s) Served

Children and Youth (infants - 19 years.)

None

None

Budget

Service Areas

Self-reported

International

We raise funds in the US and worldwide to fund construction of schools in Zululand (KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa).

Social Media

Blog

photos




External Reviews

Source: greatnonprofits.org

The review section is powered by Great Nonprofits

Financials

Financial information is an important part of gauging the short- and long-term health of the organization.

AFRICA CLASSROOM CONNECTION
Fiscal year: Jan 01-Dec 31
Yes, financials were audited by an independent accountant.

NEED MORE INFO ON THIS NONPROFIT?

Free: Gain immediate access to the following:
  • Address, phone, website and contact information
  • Forms 990 for 2015, 2014 and 2013
  • Board Chair and Board Members
  • Access to the GuideStar Community
Get all this now for free
Need the ability to download nonprofit data and more advanced search options? Consider a Premium or Pro Search subscription.

Operations

The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.

Africa Classroom Connection

Leadership

NEED MORE INFO ON THIS NONPROFIT?

Free: Gain immediate access to the following:
  • Address, phone, website and contact information
  • Forms 990 for 2015, 2014 and 2013
  • Board Chair and Board Members
  • Access to the GuideStar Community
Need the ability to download nonprofit data and more advanced search options? Consider a Premium or Pro Search subscription.

Chair

Henry A Bromelkamp

Governance

BOARD CHAIR

Henry A Bromelkamp

Bromelkamp Company LLC

Term: Feb 2006 - Dec 2015

BOARD LEADERSHIP PRACTICES

GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section, which enables organizations and donors to transparently share information about essential board leadership practices. Self-reported by organization


RESPONSE NOT PROVIDED

BOARD ORIENTATION & EDUCATION

Does the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations?


RESPONSE NOT PROVIDED

CEO OVERSIGHT

Has the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year?


RESPONSE NOT PROVIDED

ETHICS & TRANSPARENCY

Have the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year?


RESPONSE NOT PROVIDED

BOARD COMPOSITION

Does the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership?


RESPONSE NOT PROVIDED

BOARD PERFORMANCE

Has the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years?