Give to Charity
Click image to view larger
Giving to charity feels good. Knowing that the charities you support are truly making a difference and will use your gifts wisely feels great. But how do you find these organizations? Start with our illustrated guide, How to Be a Super Donor.
Resources for Picking the Right Charity
General Charity Research
- Overhead Myth—nonprofit financial accountability is important. Financial ratios, however, reveal little about a nonprofit's effectiveness. GuideStar, the BBB Wise Giving Alliance, and Charity Navigator have joined forces to help donors and nonprofits focus on the metrics that matter most: those that show how well an organization is accomplishing its mission.
- Focusing on Nonprofit Impact—the impact tabs in our nonprofit reports pull together information that can help you assess individual organizations' impact.
- Donor Bill of Rights—donors have rights. Do you know what they are?
- Questions to Ask a Nonprofit before Investing in It—use these questions to guide conversations with nonprofits you're thinking of supporting.
- Articles Especially for Donors—learn more from these articles on giving effectively.
Disaster Relief and Recovery
The landmark research project Money for Good II identifies what donors want to know before they give to charity and how contributors can make sure their charitable dollars have the most impact.
Expert Reviews and Analyses
TakeAction@GuideStar provides expert analyses of nearly 40 causes and lists the organizations experts have identified as having the most impact in those areas.