- GuideStar Publications
- Revocation of Tax-Exempt Status, April 2011
How Automatic Revocations Could Affect You
As the IRS prepares to publish the first list of nonprofits whose tax-exempt status has been revoked for failure to file an annual return, many nonprofits, funders, and donors are probably wondering: "How will the revocations affect me?" GuideStar gives you the answer in a new report available for free download.
Written by GuideStar staff, "What Automatic Revocation of Nonprofit Tax Exemptions Means for You: A Review for Nonprofits, Grantmakers, and Donors," concisely but thoroughly:
- outlines the forces driving the revocations;
- analyzes by organization type the nonprofits the IRS has identified as being at risk;
- defines the impact the revocations will have on different audiences; and
- lists resources where readers can get more information.
Publication of the first Nonfiler Revocation List is a historic event for the U.S. nonprofit sector. Learn more about how it could affect you by downloading "What Automatic Revocation of Nonprofit Tax Exemptions Means for You" today.
Publication date: April 2011