- GuideStar Publications
- Revocation of Tax-Exempt Status, August 2010
What Do You Need to Know about Revocation of Tax-Exempt Status?
Do you know the answers to these questions?
- Why is the IRS revoking nonprofits' tax-exempt status?
- Which nonprofits are at risk?
- What happens to a nonprofit that loses its exemption?
- What happens if a foundation or donor-advised fund makes a payout to a nonprofit that has lost its exemption?
- What happens if a donor gives to a charity that has lost its exemption?
- How do you find out if the IRS has revoked a nonprofit's exemption?
GuideStar's new report, "Automatic Revocation of Nonprofits' Tax-Exempt Status: What Nonprofits, Grantmakers, and Donors Need to Know," answers all of these questions, and more. Written by LindaÂ M. Lampkin of ERI Economic Research Institute, the report outlines the impact this historic development will have on the nonprofit sector and the people who support it.
Publication date: August 2010
About the Author
Linda M. Lampkin is research director of ERI Economic Research Institute, a company that provides FormÂ 990 compensation data for use by nonprofits, and former director of the National Center for Charitable Statistics at the Urban Institute.